Thursday 20 March 2014

Citrus Sweet Love and a finished cushion

Hello people.  How are you?  I am having a break from stitching tonight, so it seemed a good chance to catch up with you.  One of the reasons for needing a break is that I have been working on my Citrus Sweet Love blocks, which are tremendously time consuming.  I finished the February block ages ago, and I can't remember if I have shown it to you - so here it is.  Can you see the chocolate stain?


But more importantly, this is March's block.  It took me suuuuuch a long time.  I hand pieced all the curves, and then machine pieced the straight lines.  The centre circle was appliquéd on with the method in Sarah Fielke's Craftsy course, and fitted pretty well.  I love the two teeny little bits of liberty in the arrow heads.  I am pleased I took my time though, because I would have been gutted if I had stuffed it up.  There is only one main block to go now next month, although I have the appliqué blocks to finish.

The lesson I really learned was that it is time for me to try machine piecing curves though.  I say it every month!  But I am determined to give it a go. 

Sorry about the rubbish night time photo.  But you can still see the matching points okay. *smug*


In addition, I have finished my little birthday cushion.  Despite my plans to bind it in blue or turquoise, somehow it ended up being a solid persimmon.  Hubby approves - orange is his favourite colour.  The orange really shows off those little umbrellas!


This is the back, with Hydeeann's gorgeous English Paper Pieced block.  I echoed the hexagon shape in the straight line quilting.


What have you been up to?  Having fun sewing?  In other news, I have recently acquired an overlocker, so there may be pretty dresses and skirts in the near future.  For Princess, not me!

Linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday and Show and Tell.  Howdy visitors!

5 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

Love it! It is adorable!!!
The little dashes of orange just brighten any day!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Leonie said...

Those blocks look intense! But gorgeous - well done you! and the pillow - looks great - of course it was always going to!

Anonymous said...

Wow that March block is stunning!! Glad I didn't have to make one LOL! Your cushion is gorgeous too - the persimmon looks great!!

Ruth said...

Gorgeous, impressed with your hand sewing skills. I really like the cushion back. that could live very well in my house!

pandchintz said...

Lots of lovely work!