Wednesday 16 October 2013

Citrus Sweet Love: HST madness

One downside of being back at work is that my Cirus Sweet Love BOM isn't finished within 24 hours of it arriving in the post. Although having said that, maybe that's a good thing!

For October we had a machine pieced block and an appliqué block to complete. I've managed to finish the machine pieced block!


56 half square triangles to cut and sew together into little squares. Did I put the wrong colours togethers, have to unpick and resew them?  Oh yes. 


Did I sew some of the little squares in the wrong place, have to unpick and resew them? Oh yes. 


Did I finish the block, show it to hubby and then realise one of the large squares in the middle was angled the wrong way?  Oh yes. Did I have to unpick the whole damn thing and sew it back together? You guessed it ... Yes. 

Am I going to show you a photo of that?  I don't think so!

Linky up to WIP Wednesday, Needle and Thread Thursday and Show n Tell (links on my linky page). Hello visitors!



18 comments:

Ava said...

Your quilt is so beautiful. Sorry you had all those problems and again it's beautiful.

hydeeannsews said...

feeling your pain! it's beautiful, though. maybe you should have just done a whole quilt in the time it took to do this block. =)

Anonymous said...

At least you got a magnificent block for your efforts! I really like it.

audrey said...

This block is fabulous. Love the fabrics and design! :)

Paula said...

And after all of that you have a really beautiful block for your efforts. I love it.

Sabrina said...

There is so much awesome fabric in this quilt! I love it!

Jenn said...

Your quilt is gorgeous :). I've been unpicking lately too!

Cheers,
Jenn from Mellycoddle

Leonie said...

Character building :p The final result is gorgeous though :)

Susie said...

This BOM is just stunning and I love their fabric choices. Right up my alley. After seeing it on your blog I even rang to see if there was more room. No. So I will drool over yours instead! Hope u have learnt to keep that 'unpicker' handy.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! This looks adorable! I love your fabrics and sweet colours! What a great pattern and bom. x Teje

Megan said...

Sounds like you were drinking while stitching;-)
Beautiful block, totally worth all the gnashing of teeth I would say.

nicole said...

Stunning block!
Definitely worth the unpicking and resewing!

DeborahGun said...

some days are like that hey? Frustrating but it came out wonderful in the end :-)

~Diana said...

I'm laughing with you! You consistently give me a good chuckle! Well done! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! I hate it when I have to unsew!!!
Beautiful block though

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

way to persevere through the troubles Liz. That block I so pretty. All that work was worth it!

I'm so happy you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

tehe you got there in the end - I have those sewing days too ... I find wine helps - lol :)

Tiffany said...

I love this quilt BOM!!!
I had the same issue last night. I cut ALL my blocks 1/2" too short. Now I have to go get more fabric and start again. *sigh*
However, your finished block is beautiful and I can't wait to see the whole quilt together!!