Monday 29 July 2013

Quiltastic lattice

Today marks six weeks until my return to full time work.

*big ole sad face*

I mean working is fine and all for paying the bills, but I wish my employer would see the merit in paying me to swan around home quilting and gardening and other lovely things. Hmmmm - we can't be too grumpy about it though - without work there would be no fabric shopping and that would be a *tragedy* (said in your best Bee Gee voice). 

I've been quilting though.  See. 



It's a bit blurry, but you get the idea. Straight lines in the white lattice and stippling over the patchwork. Which reminds me of a funny story. I was online shopping the other day (gasp in surprise) and I saw some of the Moda Coquette used in this quilt. Except it was called Croquette on the website. Autocorrect fail!  Although deep fried treats and fabric could be a marriage made in heaven. Provided you keep your greasy hands away from the fabric. 

Speaking of which - deep breath - LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. 



It's way worse in real life. I have no idea where it came from, but it's a grease mark on my lattice (nice segue right?!). Agggghhhhh. How do I get it out?

Help me please. Whimper. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how to get it out... :( sorry! I'm terrible as a housewife :S
I love your quilting though!
I came here from the Plum and June linky!

Leanne said...

I didn't look to see where you lived but here in oz you can buy a cleaning spray called citro clean and its just the ants pants for grease, my suggestion is look for something with an orange citrus base and use it or that if you live in Australia

Unknown said...

Oh I bought that charm pack! (not the one that was autocorrected. LOL) I think I used mine to make Suffolk puffs.
Love your work ... sorry I can't help with the grease either. :(
I came here from the pam and June link too.

jan said...

I just love the quilt you are working on - I use Tide detergent and Spray n wash but I don't know about using that on a quilt. Maybe ask a dry cleaners?
Visiting from plum and june
xo jan

Megan said...

Omg - greasy mark horror! I would probably try trusty old sard wonder soap and a prayer to the quilty gods. Stink having to back to work. I was doing it hard today back in my classroom. I like teaching but today it felt like haaaaard work. Maybe some online shopping needs to happen before bedtime :-)

ipatchandquilt said...

Argg, back to work already? I still have more than two weeks left of my six week summer break. Phew-eee! Some more time for sewing. I like my job too very much, but vacation just feels better, LOL!
I have no clue how to help you with the grease mark, sorry! I do love the quilt that you have created. It is a real beauty!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Jusmom1 said...

Rub it with a piece of white chalk? I haven't tried it yet on any grease stains here, but I found the tip online and plan to try it when we have the next "oops" around here.

hydeeannsews said...

Sounds like the autocorrect came from one of my emails typed on my phone! Very funny. And a nice segue to the grease mark tragedy, indeed. I hope it comes out in the wash. Nice choice on the quilting!
As for your work dilemma, I have a solution. Have another baby so you get another maternity leave. :) if I'm going to do it at 40, so can you! I'll make the quilt.

Leonie said...

oh no! I got a greasy machine stain "who knows how" on a quilt i did last year... on the white and it stood out like a sore thumb to me! Didn't know how to get it out and it was to be a very important gift. I have it some patch water and soap treatment. It didn't lift but it did fade. I am writing down some of the suggestions youve been given!