Friday 12 July 2013

Extending the family

First, to prove there has been quilting, here is my next finished EPP block. We have to count these as finishes, or you won't hear from me for three years. You might think that a good thing!

The colour on this is all wrong, but it's the best I can do at night. Thanks for all your EPP tips - I hear there are dissolvable shapes to add to the list of things to try - they just wash out. How awesome is that?!

Block number 4


But more importantly, look who has arrived all the way from Canada - it's Chelsea. She's a bit nervous of getting out of her packaging. It's all a bit different in Auckland. I'm not sure she thinks everyone will be lovely to her. 

Hellllllo Chelsea Shush

Silly girl - everyone will think she's great. 

Having said that, guess who I discovered from the early 90s?  That's right. It's Bunny. Resplendent in faux Laura Ashley puffiness. That dress was never going to be flattering on anybody. Poor thing. I recall making one for Mother at the same time. Bunny hung out in the 90s with dried flowers in baskets, unbleached calico curtains and peach ragged paint walls. Those were the days. Then she got packed away. Which was a better fate than that suffered by the dried flowers and calico curtains. 

I tried to get Princess' toys to talk to her, but they were all "Rosa this" and "Rosa that". I think a makeover may be in order before they will deign to hang out with Bunny. Toys can be so cruel. 

Bunny circa 1993

No wonder Chelsea is nervous. 

Linking up with the Friday parties - links on my linky page. Howdy!

9 comments:

nicole said...

I think block four looks great! I love that black and white print! What is it and where can i find it?!
And dissolvable shapes?!! Awesome!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Lovely block. I love those prints. Yes, I remember those bunnies well. LOL!

Sara said...

Vibrant EPP block!

Sarah Craig said...

Congratulations on your EPP block -it's very pretty! Love the fabrics! Whoop whoop!

And I had to laugh at Bunny - because when my daughter was little, I made her a whole family of bunnies just like that for Christmas - a big mommy and daddy, three little kids and their even tinier bunny dolls! I even tied the girl bunnies ears with ribbons just like yours!

Glinda ♥ said...

Your EPP blocks are brilliant, Liz ... can't wait to see it all come together - lots of work, though!

hydeeannsews said...

It's because Rosa has the better wardrobe, of course! Maybe once you step that up for bunny, she will make friends.

Love that block! Another winner. :)

Pomegranate Quilts said...

I love your bunny. I think she is perfect.
But maybe some lime green ribbons will help make her seem more "au courant" to the culture snobs in the house.

Ruth said...

I love bunny but seriously that dress has got to go. Looking forward to seeing her makeover!

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- you're hysterical!!! And SOOOO right -- somehow we need to get that bunny and my quilt together ROFLOL!!!!