Wednesday 12 June 2013

Dear Oh Deer

It's new project time. Yippee.  

Ummmm, but don't think that means I've finished other stuff, okay?!  It's alright though, this one is on the to-do list as a gift. In fact, I need to get it finished relatively quickly, so it's a good thing it's underway. 

I'm using Oh Deer by Momo. I absolutely love the big print fabric in this range and have a yard of it that I may be convinced to use on the backing. If I can bring myself to give it up ...

This is where I'm at. Cutting, cutting. Although I had to sew a couple of blocks to see what they'd look like.  Why is the unpicker out?  Maybe the first block needed some help. Let's ignore that. 


As you can see, it's a classic disappearing four patch (tutorial link on my resources page) but I have cut the blocks at 1.25" from the centre, not 1". I prefer the slightly chunkier strip you end up with. The fabric range has quite a lot of brown in it (blerg), but this is a unisex quilt, so I think that works out okay.  It balances out the pink (pretty).  The plan is for it to be 8 x 10 blocks which should be a generous throw size at 64 x 80". 

And what's this you ask? Is it?  Could it be?  Well you'll have to wait until Friday to see. For once I'm trying to have a WIP on Wednesday and a finish on Friday, instead of the other way round!


Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. 

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Barb said...

Love your new quilt! I love starting new projects too, although I'm absolutely terrible about finishing them.

Vera said...

I see it's the same thing all around the world, lol. Your projects look great!

newsurfiegirl said...

Good luck with your new project. I will be coming back on friday to check out your finished project.

Sara said...

excellent fabric choice for the D4P:)

hydeeannsews said...

liz, you really just go for it, don't you?! i love momo's designs. i think the only reason i didn't get this one is it was somewhat similar to "it's a hoot" and i've got a ton of that still, even after "limb" was complete.

do i spy henry fish with binding on? :)!!!

Tanyia said...

I like the wider cut that you chose, and let's not talk about seam rippers lol, mine and I have a love hate relationship! hehe

I am stopping by from the WIP post, hop by if you get a chance! http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/06/wip-wednesday-june-12th-edition.html

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

love the D4P! Great fabrics, and you crack me up!

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric!