Wednesday 15 May 2013

Pure Puff

Guess what has been hiding on my WIP list?  That's right. A puff quilt.

It all started once upon a time, a long, long, time ago, back when a girl bought her first charm pack.  It was a pack of Circa 1934 by Moda.  The girl bought it for her mother, because she thought her mother would like it. Which she did. Kind of. But not as much as she liked Henry Fish. So the girl bravely gave up Henry Fish, and put the charm pack away for later.  

Because the girl was new to quilting, she didn't really know what to do with the charm pack.  But during her long adventurous journey through blogland (where she met lots of lovely people) she came across a puff quilt tutorial.  The tutorial said to use 5" squares (the link is not the one she found - the link uses 6" squares).  Perfect thought the girl.  I have a charm pack for that.  And it's easy so I can do it, even though the charm pack doesn't match anything I have or anything that anyone else I know has. 

The girl starting sewing the little puffy squares that didn't match anything she had.  She made about 40 of them.  And then she realised she needed many, many, many more. So she bought some matching fabric, and made some more little puffy squares. 

Puffilious.  Time to make more.  Lots more.

And then she got bored and packed it in a box for a rainy day.  But she likes the fabric, so it will get finished eventually!

The End

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

5 comments:

Little Island Quilting said...

Puffin hell...that's a lot of puffs ;-)

Molly said...

I remember eying a puff quilt in a vintage quilting book of my mothers when I was a girl and thinking it would be the most comfy blanket ever- and I still think it would- you should definitely finish it up because I am very excited to see it all done! :)

Julie said...

How fun! I like the idea but that would be a lot of little puffies! Good luck!

Deborah said...

Loved your Tale of the Puffs! Im hoping to read the ending one of these days??

Alison V. said...

I have SO MANY projects that are/have been like this!!! Good luck making more progress on this one!