Friday 3 May 2013

Meet the fur family (part I)

I am procrastinating about finishing Sweetie Pie by blogging (44 borders down, 12 to go - in my mind it's finished already, so I'm struggling to actually do it).

I see from my bloggy reading that every self respecting quilter has a cat or two. Here are ours. The chocolate point is Toby (his posh name is Toblerone - geddit?) and his lazy lilac point brother is Moby. Super original. They like to camouflage themselves in minky and fluffy - the blankets. They think quilts are lovely, especially when freshly washed. Toby is about 10 and Moby a year younger. We got Moby after Toby started pulling his hair out - shortly after I met hubby. He is a truly neurotic Siamese and did not like sharing his mummy. The boys are as thick as thieves, but having a friend never fixed the hair pulling. So we have one manky very expensive Siamese and one fat lazy Siamese. No show stoppers for us. They are not fans of the dogs, but the dogs live outside most of the time, so we don't have too much pet wrangling on our hands.

In other news, I've registered for the very fabulous BOM over at Cabbage Quilts. Go and have a look. I reckon I'll learn heaps if I get it finished. It's right out of my comfort zone in terms of style - I'm all about simple blocks and lots of white - but I think it works on that quilt. And there are lots of things there I have never done: hand piecing and hand quilting for a start. BQF is dilly dallying about signing up and my nagging hasn't worked so far. Feel free to tell her she must do it. Peer pressure is very effective.

The wee man has woken. That'll keep me busy.

3 comments:

Jen P said...

Those cats are adorable, and look so comfortable. They will enjoy lying on your BOM quilt when it's finished. Love your quilts by the way. Absolutely gorgeous.

Megan said...

I love your cats! And you are right, every self-respecting quilter needs one or two! Am off to check out the BOM

Glinda ♥ said...

Love them boys :)