Yay. Everything seems to take so long these days! As soon as it was finished Princess decided that she likes monsters and orange after all and promptly had a tea party on it with all her bears. Poor wee man isn't going to get a look in any time soon.
Stippling was a new experience, that's for sure. I think it turned out okay. It is pretty forgiving too. Having said that, I don't think I will be stippling too much more until I get a machine with a bigger throat.
For the binding I tried a new technique I spotted on another blog (I cant remember where!) using a zigzag as the top stitch for the machine binding. Except I don't like zigzag, so I used a curvy decorative stitch that I thought matched the style of the stippling. It certainly results in a well attached binding. It won't be coming off any time soon, which I think is excellent for a small boy's quilt which will be thrashed.
The hubby is responsible for the binding colour - I don't like a solid. His explanation is that the colour matches the monster's eyes. I guess there is logic to it. Bless.
So overall, this has been a very good learning quilt!
My next learning experience is to be quilt labels. Any tips will be happily received :-)
My lovely new cabinet is off to be stripped (eww err) tomorrow and should be back in a week or so. Very exciting. Time to sew sew sew.